Position OverviewThe Woke Coach® is a consulting firm and coaching practice focused on helping clients deepen their analysis and develop an understanding around issues of racism, bias, and injustice. We help individuals and organizations use their privilege to positively impact the lives of others and build more inclusive, engaging, and diverse work environments. We are seeking someone to lead Marketing/Sales Manager to support our growing business! This is a remote, work-from-your-home position. We are seeking a motivated, strategic, antiracist Marketing/Sales Manager to support The Woke Coach in its end-to-end marketing and business development strategy for its flagship programs: From Ally To Accomplice (FATA)® for businesses and organizations, and From Ally to Accomplice® – The Community, for individuals. Qualified applicants are expert, outcome-focused marketers, who possess unflappable adaptability and are able to maintain a high level of confidentiality. This position will require flexibility, including working some occasional evenings and weekends. This role is a fit for someone committed to racial justice, building community, and who wants to support a mission-driven organization. Please be advised that for this position, we are in search of the absolute perfect fit. Read this listing in its entirety before applying.
Who We AreAt The Woke Coach®, because we believe that racial equity is the defining issue of our time, we help clients move FROM ALLY TO ACCOMPLICE®. Our work lives at the intersection of equity, diversity, inclusion, and education. We believe that real transformation begins with meeting people where they are and having open, honest, and solution-oriented conversations. Although we are a for-profit business, our mission is to help people become the best, most understanding, empathetic version of themselves one interaction at a time.
We do this by:
- Guiding clients through our signature program — FROM ALLY TO ACCOMPLICE®
- Working with antiracists in our online community — FROM ALLY TO ACCOMPLICE® — The Community.
- Partnering with and supporting businesses and organizations on their diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) journeys.
- Conducting individual and small group coaching sessions.
- Facilitating public workshops and solution-oriented discussions.
What We BelieveOur company is called The Woke Coach. To that end we are conscious of racial discrimination in society and other forms of oppression and injustice. It is our mission to help people be better individuals with a deeper understanding of how the legacy of racism and injustice affect us all.
In order to do this work:
- WE OFFER THE TRUTH ABOUT THE REALITIES OF RACIAL INJUSTICE — WE DON’T PULL PUNCHES.
- NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL THE ENDEAVOR, WE ASPIRE TO GREATNESS AT EVERY TURN.
- WE ARE ALWAYS LEARNING AND CONSTANTLY SEEK OPPORTUNITIES TO DO SO.
- WE COMMUNICATE CLEARLY WITH EACH OTHER AND WITH OUR CLIENTS.
- WE LOVE OUR CLIENTS (IF NOT, THEY ARE NOT OUR CLIENTS).
- WE DISAVOW THE USE OF GENDER INSENSITIVE, ABLEIST, OR OTHER OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE AND PRACTICES.
- ALTHOUGH OUR SUBJECT MATTER IS CHALLENGING, WE WORK WITH A SPIRIT OF ABSOLUTE JOY!
The RoleTo grow and evolve The Woke Coach, we are seeking someone who will embrace and wholeheartedly support our work with dignity, diligence, and professionalism.
- You understand the fundamentals of marketing, the difference between strategy and execution, and deeply believe your job is to help people along their antiracism journey and drive change in the issues of race;
- You know your way around HubSpot in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them (using dynamic workflows) into converted customers;
- You have experience engaging with communities on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
- You’re no stranger to running reports and analyzing data;
- You’ve got strong organization and tracking skills. You keep projects moving, pay attention to detail, make sure things don’t slip through the cracks, and meet deadlines; and
- You get that ultimately, marketing is about building connections and relationships. You believe that technology should be in service of marketing, not the other way round.
- Exceptional marketing skills.
- Desire to learn and love to absorb new information.
- Has the ability to be fully present for our clients, colleagues, and the CEO — even during times of pressure and stress.
- Ability to set goals and develop achievable timelines to complete them.
- Highly developed self-awareness and leadership skills.
- A quiet work environment including: a computer; cell phone; and high-speed internet.
- Excellent analysis with regards to race, gender identity, intersectional feminism, and allyship.
- All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect change in the position requirements to reasonable accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are a passionate and unapologetic antiracist.
- You are hungry to make a difference and impact people’s lives.
- You are willing to hustle when necessary.
- You must be willing to use our systems. We will provide training.
- You must be a super high communicator, not only with clients, but with our team. Show up and keep your commitments, communicate consistently with our team.
- You understand that excellence is the standard. Nothing less.
- You love a challenge and are resourceful when it comes to figuring things out and making them happen.
- You can work alone and don’t need your hand held every step of the way.
- You can work under pressure where you might have three projects with tight deadlines.
- You have exceptional communication skills.
- You are super organized, but can move quickly to ensure things get done effectively and efficiently.
- You can handle direct, constructive feedback.
This Position Is Not Right For You If You Are…
- Someone who does not have a strong race analysis.
- Someone who has a lot going on already and doesn’t have the time and focus to dive in.
- Someone who isn't willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement (regarding client confidentiality and trade secrets).
- Someone who prefers to be front-facing in the business.
- Someone who wants to be an entrepreneur and run their own business. At The Woke Coach, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to love what you do and be the best at your role, but if you want to run your own company in the near future then we are not for you.
- Someone looking for a 9 to 5, Monday to Friday job. This is not for someone who lives for the weekends and hates Mondays. We’re a mission-driven company who, at the core, is about changing the lives and businesses of our clients. The work schedule is flexible and will be agreed upon by the Founder + CEO and the Marketing/Sales Manager lead. However, sometimes you might have to work late, sometimes you may have to work a Saturday, sometimes you’ll get the afternoon off. If we have a project and work needs to get done, then we’re all in.
- If this doesn’t sound exciting, then this role is not for you… and that’s ok.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly health stipend
The key responsibilities of the Marketing/Sales Manager lead will include:
- Grow new leads for both properties by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content;
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our channels (including social media, blog posts, emails, etc.);
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, SEO strategy, and social channels;
- Work with CEO to develop marketing and sales strategy for forthcoming book;
- Develop sales enablement tools to strengthen close rate.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact; and
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Build on the success of existing social presence to develop a social media plan and strategy that drives awareness and supports overall marketing strategy;
- Track and analyze key metrics across channels to drive decisions;
- Create and manage posting including accessibility and metadata requirements;
- Support the CEO in expanding her social reach and amplifying her personal brand.
Analysis and Strategy
- Leverage existing analytics tools to inform strategic decisions;
- Develop marketing KPIs and deliver monthly reports;
- Evaluate and recommend new opportunities to the company for digital marketing.
- Work with CEO and Client Partnerships Lead to identify, plan, develop and implement partnerships with organizations and corporations that lead to lasting relationships;