Mima Student Scholarship Challenge
The next MIMA Scholarship Challenge is scheduled for Fall session of 2023.
Through the Scholarship Challenge, MIMA offers student scholarships to honor the legacies of Robin Carpenter and Jarrid Grams.
MIMA’s mission is to Inspire and Connect. These words couldn’t be more appropriate in describing Robin and Jarrid. Robin was a founding MIMA board member. In fact, she was part of the original group of people who simply got together for breakfast in 1998 and decided there should be a MIMA in the first place. She was a well-respected business leader and served as a mentor to a large number of people throughout the Twin Cities. She was truly inspiring.
Jarrid was the guy who greeted everyone at each MIMA event and introduced them to everyone else. He made everyone feel welcome and included so they were comfortable coming to another event where they would already know someone. He was the connector.
Past examples of the Scholarship Challenge Questions/Cases:
- Tell us about an experience where you met someone who genuinely inspired you. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Create a creative media plan, including social media, to help a local Bee Keeping business launch a new product.
To qualify for scholarships, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student member of MIMA – it’s easy to join. Apply here.
- Provide proof of enrollment in an accredited Minnesota based program, undergraduate student not graduating before Spring.
- Use scholarship funds for educational expenses.
- Cannot have received this award in the past.
- Interested in business, marketing, technology, communications, and math.
Additional program details will be announced late Summer.