MIMA Student Scholarship Opportunities
The Jarrid Grams and Robin Carpenter Memorial Scholarship provides undergraduate students (open to current First Year Students - Juniors) of all majors pursuing careers in business, marketing, technology, communications and math with the opportunity to flex their academic muscle and showcase real world experience by completing a relevant marketing case study.
The scholarship will initially be judged by a panel of MIMA members. Finalists will be chosen and asked to present to the MIMA Board on June 4, 2018 at 6:30 pm. Video conference will be made available for students unable to attend the board meeting in-person.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student member of MIMA
- Provide proof of academic undergraduate enrollment in an accredited Minnesota university or college as a FT, undergraduate student not graduating before December 2018.
- Use scholarship funds for educational expenses
Case Study Challenge
You’ve been hired! A startup is launching the first-ever zero waste grocery store in the Midwest located in our very own Northeast Minneapolis. The store's model is to have consumers bring their own container, fill it up, and create zero waste. Those who bring their own containers are invited to first weigh their empty containers, fill them with liquid foods, baked items or dry goods and then have them weighed again before checking out. This process allows the consumer to easily control the cost of their goods.
The company's focus is to provide a healthy environment with locally sourced food and local labor. Customers will encounter staff who are well versed in all products and how they have been sourced. The parking lot includes: electric charging stations, bike racks, and a small community garden.
The challenge: create an integrated marketing plan that is primarily digitally focused. The company wants to raise brand awareness and drive customers to the store. Your help is needed to develop an integrated marketing plan for the first three months of business with a total budget of $50k that includes the following:
- Create their brand name
- Establish their audiences
- Create their key messaging
- Differentiate them from competitors
- Create a high-level, three month marketing plan
- Determine campaign measurements and goals for a successful launch
We will award three, $1,000 scholarships.
How to apply
Step 1: Join MIMA - it's FREE! Register here.
Step 2: Please submit an integrated marketing plan by 11:59 pm on May 31, 2018 to [email protected] with the scholarship name as the subject line. Campaigns may be submitted via Word, PowerPoint, Video, or any other medium you find applicable to your case study.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- Campaigns should be actionable for a start-up business
- Appropriate target audience
- Demonstration of strong digital marketing tactics
- Note: submissions will not be judged based on time or page length. However, we encourage participants to refrain from submitting anything more than 5 pages, with an optional appendix, or 20 minutes long.