MIMA Student Scholarship Challenge Spring 2020
Sponsored by Fathom Consulting
Deadline Extended! MIMA is offering four $1,000 student scholarships to honor the legacies of Robin Carpenter and Jarrid Grams.
MIMA’s mission is to Inspire and Connect. These words couldn’t be more appropriate in describing Robin and Jarrid. Robin was a founding MIMA board member. In fact, she was part of the original group of people who simply got together for breakfast in 1998 and decided there should be a MIMA in the first place. She was a well-respected business leader and served as a mentor to a large number of people throughout the Twin Cities. She was truly inspiring.
Jarrid was the guy who greeted everyone at each MIMA event and introduced them to everyone else. He made everyone feel welcome and included so they were comfortable coming to another event where they would already know someone. He was the connector.
To apply for the MIMA scholarship, in under 700 words, please respond to one of the following prompts:
- Tell us about an experience where you met someone who genuinely inspired you. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Tell us about a meaningful connection that you made. Why was it meaningful, and what did you learn from it?
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- Relevance to the prompt
- Incorporation of the understanding of MIMA values
- Length of submission
The scholarship entries will initially be reviewed by a panel of MIMA Committee Members. Finalists will be selected and invited to meet the MIMA Board in May 2020. A video conference will be made available for students unable to attend the board meeting in-person.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a student member of MIMA - it's easy and free to join. Apply here.
- Provide proof of academic undergraduate enrollment in an accredited Minnesota based university or college as a full-time, undergraduate student not graduating before December 2020.
- Be currently enrolled in a 4-year university.
- Use scholarship funds for educational expenses.
- Cannot have received this award in the past.
- Interested in business, marketing, technology, communications, and math.
How to apply
Step 1: Join MIMA - it's FREE! Register here.
Step 2: Submit the prompt used and the essay response by 11:59 pm on April 19, 2020, to [email protected] with the scholarship name as the subject line. Campaigns must be submitted via Word document.
Step 3: Submit a copy of your latest transcript along with your submission.