Event Recap: October 2019 Code Savvy WorkshopOctober 29, 2019
MIMA Board of Directors Spring 2020 UpdateApril 22, 2020
Due to the growing concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19), and the increasing number of organizations postponing all public gatherings, we have decided to postpone our March events until further notice. Additionally, we will be assessing future events as new information emerges.
While the COVID-19 situation is still unfolding, experts have recommended that organizations do their best to mitigate exposure, and that includes large gatherings like our events.
We are taking this step both to prevent the spread of infection and to do our part in ensuring that our healthcare system is not overwhelmed with a large number of individuals presenting symptoms at the same time, something known as “flattening the curve.”
What this means for you, our community members and guests:
- Registered attendees for the March event with paid tickets will receive a refund within the next 7 days.
- The MIMA board, committees and other volunteers are currently and will continue to work in a virtual environment until further notice.
- We are continuing to explore how to offer programming and content via virtual means.
We will continue to actively monitor this situation and communicate as we know more. In these extraordinary times it is increasingly important to take care of your physical and mental health. We encourage you to reach out to your general health care provider or mental health provider if you have questions or need support.
Be kind to each other and offer support to those who need it.
The MIMA Board of Directors