Reliving the Disruption of the 2015 MIMA SummitNovember 5, 2015
4 Tools to Jumpstart Your Email Marketing EffortsNovember 13, 2015
It’s that time of year again where everyone is writing about their 2016 resolutions, predictions and trends. It’s also that time of year where you ask yourself, “are all of these trend posts crap?” While some of them are redundant of last year’s predictions and others are purely lacking, there are still some hidden gems out there.
This year, MIMA is making your life easier by curating what we believe are the best lists thus far. Consider it our 2016 List of Lists. So, without further ado, here are 6 of our favorite 2016 trends blogs to get your 2016 inspiration rockin’.
1. Rand Fishkin starts us off with his 10 Predictions for 2016 in SEO & Web Marketing post on the Moz blog. Just to prove he knows what he’s talking about, Rand starts with a recap of how accurate his 2015 predications were. You should read Rand’s post if you want to read which search engine he predicts to grow faster than Google, where he hopes to never see an ad, and what the year holds for Twitter.
2. Michael Brenner at NewsCred follows suit with his Top Content Marketing Predictions for 2016. In a similar style as Rand Fishkin, he starts with a recap of his previous marketing trends, dating all the way back to 2011. You can truly see how far marketing has come over the past 5 years. Read Michael Brenner’s post if you want to read about the future of content marketing as it continues to age, including ROI, targeting and personalization, visual content, and algorithms to make it all come through to fruition.
3. Next up comes our local friends from the Nerdery with their post on Wearables, Hearables and Nearables: What to Expect in 2016. After all, as interactive marketers, we’re tasked with engaging our audience in ways that are meaningful to them. And with the advancement of wearables, our job just got that much more advanced. Wearable shipments are projected to grow 64 percent in 2016 with smart bracelets leading the pack. Plus there’s low-tech wearables, health and safety wearables, hearables, and nearables. Better catch up on all the “-ables”news.
4. GoKart Labs is notorious for its innovation, which was showed to us at our September event, We Are All Digital Startups Now. So it comes to no surprise that they’re prepping us for strategy and invention trends to watch in 2016. Brush up on their 4 great tips to jump-start a great 2016, including “design thinking becomes design doing,” “profit for purpose sake,” “what is a digital company,” and “organization structure is changing.”
5. The folks at Nina Hale are always on point, which makes their thought-leadership blog, Leveraging Moments that Matter, that much more intriguing. As we emerge our marketing efforts more and more into all things digital, it’s important to remember the humanity in it all. “Effective digital marketing means ensuring that those audiences can find what they need, when they need it, without interrupting the conversation; reaching them at the moments that matter.” You’ll want to get their scoop for what this means for 2016 marketing and how you can achieve it.
6. Last but not least is the world of PPC and digital advertising. Wordstream gets personal with our already broken New Year’s resolutions and lifts our spirits with these 3 easy wins for PPC. If you’re in the PPC game or looking to up your PPC engagement, check out their three action-oriented quick wins to help you ease into your 2016 goals.
As you plan for your year be sure to make room for MIMA. We’re busy planning our 2016 schedule of events and are certain you will enjoy the content. Check out MIMA membership options as we continue to expand our member perks. Join us in what we hope will be our best year yet!